As Stephen Covey details in his book 7-Habits of Highly Effective People…and his recently released slideshare.
“You are not your habits…change your habits and you will change your world. To change your habits you must change the way you see the world.” In other words, change your attitude.
- Be proactive. Understand what is and is not in your control. Focus on what is in your control.
- Begin with the end in mind—have a mission statement and communicate it.
- Put first things first—don’t prioritize your schedule—schedule your priorities.
- Think win-win. Cooperation is fundamentally a better strategy than competition.
- Seek first to understand then to be understood. Listening is key.
- Synergize. Cooperation can produce results greater than the sum of the parts.
- Sharpen your skills. Effective living is directly proportionally to the investment you make in yourself.
You just might experience a whole new side of employees and co-workers.
Have you ever considered getting a business coach? Even if you know the answers, maybe another set of eyes, ears and thought can help sort it out.