- Comraderie and friendship in doing activities together
- Seeing opportunities on approach to the river
- Noticing the opportunities while actively fishing
- Making small adjustments and trying lots of adjustments
- Paying attention to what is effective
- Letting them run when they want and bringing them in gently when ready
- Preparing properly to handle a fish so as not to not damage it
You have to pay attention to details and still see the big picture.
I suppose many things in life have similar lessons.
How do you play?
Sitting in my office writing this it has become clear, I may have missed something, so I need to get more lessons on a river very soon!
(Griff Marshall at email@example.com an excellent guide) in case I forget who to contact.